Pages

Balance

Friday, November 9, 2018

I get married in less than 50 days.

Wow. It's finally happening.

Last weekend, I asked my dad how he was feeling about it - he for one has been waiting for this day for almost a decade, me being his first daughter and all. He said he's ready for it. Haha. So like him.

I'm not sure if he is truly ready for life after I leave, but that's just us kids, we always worry about our parents.

People ask me if I am ready for it? Am I getting cold feet? Am I nervous?

The answers are: Have been since that day last year when I stood next to him, and the only thing I felt was absolute glee. No way. And hell yes.

Why so nervous you ask? Because I am yet to sort out my reception dress. My tailor is bailing on me, and my designer friend who was travelling is now not well. This portion of my wedding is totally jinxed I tell you.

As for cold feet - not even a little bit. More than ever before (yes, despite the occasional hiccups) I know that B is the best thing that happened to me, and I for him.

A prerequisite for Catholic Weddings is the wedding class. We've been taking an online version of it, where we're assigned a mentor couple, and have chapters and worksheets and homework that is reviewed. It's an interesting experience. I enjoyed it. We learnt a lot from each other from the issues and topics the class brings up to the forefront, and we also learnt a lot more by reading between the lines.

We share the core values that really matter. And those that we don't - the other is neutral about, so it's not a problem to lean towards the one that feels strongly about something.

I love to travel, he loves to ensure that we get the best out of the place we visit.

We both love food.

...are some examples.

Importantly - we have very balanced conflict resolution styles. What makes me impatient - has him reacting patiently to, and what makes him impatient, has me patient.
[Agreed he's the more patient one amonst us 😛 ]

Last weekend I met a friend at Church after a long while. I was happily telling him that B & I have only 50 days left from our 500 day long distance stint before we meet each other again. The friend's first reaction? You guys have guts.

In my head, I realized - it isn't guts. It was the most fundamentally essential thing that made us most perfect and well balanced - We completely trust each other 😄

Amen.

#BhennyWedding
#50daystogo


No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS