Pages

Beading the Veil - Gossamer Veil Part 2

Monday, October 8, 2018

Aloha!

It's a veil. It's a piece of see-through fabric that was originally meant to cover the bride's face. Now it's rarely used to cover the face, and used more as an accessory. There - I've honestly admitted it.

Accessories however, can be a simple supporting statement to the main look or could be a statement themselves.

I wanted a simple Veil. With a little bit of shimmer of course. You probably know more about that from here.
My first experience with the Veil was when I went to a wedding dress store to try out one of their dresses, and the stylist clipped on a veil on my head to finish the look.
Boy does it finish the look!

The veil instantly upgrades a girl in a pretty dress to a Bride. 

I should have known then. I should have known that the Veil wouldn't be content being a simple accessory.

So now that I had the perfect Veil in the perfect colour, you'd think I'd be happy? Well I was, but it needed a little something more. Pearl beads.

I love beading things. I'd seen a picture of this bride with a blusher having a beaded veil, and what a pretty effect it brought. Even when it was swept back on to her dark hair, the white pearls stood out delicately. I wanted that - and I could DIY it (Of course! hehe)

So I brought out my beads, found the perfect colour and size, and stitched them onto my Veil.

Stitching each bead on was easy. What makes wedding projects amazing though is imagining and trying to predict how we would actually feel when we wear it on the D-Day. When the veil is placed on the head, behind the tiara.

Will I feel the weight of the beads?
Will it tug at my scalp - where the comb it's attached to is clipped on?
Will it clash with my dress?
Will someone step one it even before I reach the Church?
Will one of the Veil Girls pull it too hard - pulling it off my head?
Will any of these things matter then?

I look forward to the day - the only day, I will be wearing this tea dyed beaded ivory veil on my head 😊

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post is very interactive. I really like the post. It is informative post. I shared post in many social sites 24 hour Des Moines Towing.keep posting.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS