Pages

E for Engaged

Thursday, April 5, 2018

I’m Engaged!

I said yes ;)

So this is part of CBC’s ABC Challenge, and I’ve been thinking all day for what to write for E. I even asked a friend hoping she’d give ideas, but no luck. I was almost going to write a random essay on Elephants when it so happened that a classmate of mine from Grad School Created an all girls group for our batch. It’s been 8 years since I graduated, and it’s almost like we’re getting to know each other all over again. Most are married with kids, and when I was introducing myself, I said I’m engaged.

That led to so much excitement. More than pictures of the kids the girls shared! “Aaaawwww” and variations of the same was the general reaction.

Got me wondering about what I feel about being Engaged.

This time each year (around his birthday), since I’ve graduated, my dad starts a familiar saga – “We got to get you married before May 10th (My Birthday)” It’s his inevitable and inexplicable hope to get me married – a last ditch attempt to get me married at whatever age I’m at, before I turn the next number on May 10th. I’m sure I probably started off being stressed in that last minute pressure – but this year, when he wasn’t doing it anymore, I realized how I almost relieved I am, yet, almost miss our usual:

Him: “We got to get you married soon.”

Me: “Sure why not!” as I rolled my eyes.

That aside,

Engaged

We’re in a long distance relationship. A very very long, long distance relationship. 500 days long, and 9.5 hours between time zones. And we have more than half left to go! Many times, I miss him so much, it’s depressing.

That said, this is a very interesting phase, and I love so many things about it!

There is no mental pressure about having to find someone.

I no more wonder if I will die alone. [This was a very legit worry as I don’t like cats, and rocks felt too boring!]

I take a long time to get used to change, so an 18 month engagement period is perfect for me!
There is one go to person when I’m happy, sad or when I need to bug someone. There is one go to person to gripe about things. There is one go to person whom I can blame for things completely unrelated to him, then apologize or laugh it away, cause I know he’ll forgive me anyway. There is one go to person to whom all my craziness is a normal whacko person he knows and loves :P
There is one person who tells me about all the things that happens in his life. One person who makes time for me, no matter what. One person who does some things that I used to think I would be uncomfortable with, and now I just find it hilarious. One person who likes to take my input when deciding tiny little things like font if I’m awake, but is perfectly capable of making those decisions if I’m asleep.

There is one person who tells me to eat ice cream when he knows I’m sad. One person who chastises me for eating too much ice cream when I do.

The only person who (has to) face my PMS, and never gives up on me despite that.

There is a new family that I get! J

I get to plan my wedding for a year – slowly and steadily. With so much time to experiment, research, and DIY!

Being engaged is lovely.

Being engaged in the same city would have been amazing. But this is lovely too J


We get to get to know each other and be there for each other, without the pressure of being married already. That is an amazing thing. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was search informative post. My friend suggested reading your post. It is very interesting. after reading the post It is more informative. I shared this topic in [url=https://eliteexpresstowing.com/]Vehicle towing company[/url] online site. Keep posting.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS