Pages

That old neighbour

Thursday, October 12, 2017

She danced, she sang, she loved and lived life
She probably still does, I wouldn't know
She was my neighbour
Not anymore
She was my friend
Not anymore

Her first kiss
I was the first one who knew
My first boy - friendship
She was the first one who knew
We read books together
We read out poems to each other
We drew together
We spent countless hours giggling
Like little girls do
At random things that made no sense to the outside world

She did have other friends
I had other friends

Be we had something special.
We were neighbors as well
Easiest to access

We got each other through the most difficult year of our lives
We have seen each other as we had all our pieces shattered

That shattered what we had
I think we started to remind each other of the sadness
Maybe we didn't want to remember that
Maybe we didn't know how to face each other after that
Maybe we just needed fresh starts

With that crescendo,
Eight years of close friendship disappeared
Like the whisp of smoke from a candle who's flame has been snuffed out

Now we follow each other on social media
I occasionally think about her
Or the fun we used to have
Send an extremely occasional text

Sometimes I wonder about who she is now
I wonder if she does too

1 comment:

Philip V Ariel said...

Hi Jenny,
What a tremendous change!
The culprit here is no doubt the advancement of our internet age!
Yes, everything changes, in a few years of time.
You did present it well that.
Keep writing
It's my first visit to your page.
Keep sharing
Have a wonderful day.
~ Philip Ariel
@PVAriel

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS