Pages

Primal Instinct: The Lean

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Today, I was 1.5 hour into a movie, at the movie theatre. About a half hour after the intermission.
The imitation game. A brilliant movie, I love the actor, I loved the relationship equations being portrayed in the movie, and it was just closing in to the climax.
All I wanted to do was lean my head on the seat in front of me.

I wasn't unwell. Not physically. At the theatre that is.
I did have a friend next to me, but I didn't want to lean on him. I just wanted to rest my head, which was suddenly feeling too heavy for my neck somewhere. Put my head down.

One a side note: Personally, I feel the shoulder is one of the most attractive feature on men. Some so broad, like they were made just to be leant on. With the right person, that support is priceless.

I think it's a natural instinct, to get into a position which ensures more supply of blood to the part of the brain that is suddenly - forcibly - put on overdrive. To lean forward, and shut eyes as well in the process.
What got the brain into an overdrive was a 2 minute conversation. So crazy. That simple.
And the leaning ...well I didn't do it this time. 
But I have given in, many a time, and trust me, it helps. If not for anything else, but for providing one moment of absolute peace, that'll strengthen you right up before going back to deal with the chaos reigning in the mind.



No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS