Pages

Good Bye Year :2014

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's always nice to start writing after eating something especially delicious.
As an ode to the year that was, as the last meal - I made myself my special bowl of chocolate ice cream. Basically a ton of chocolate ice cream with everything that I love in it in it :)

2014, the year that was... mmmm...

I read somewhere that the saddest word is "Almost"
She almost made it...He almost stopped her...They almost worked things out... She almost looked back

2014 was just so to me

I almost got a best friend back
I almost quit my job
I almost joined a new company
I almost found "that someone"
I almost got published (still)

2014 was also the year

I lost good friends

Some just decided to drop out of my world.
I don't know why. I did try a couple of times. And decided I'm too old for that drama, especially when there seems to be so much unexplainable (from my perspective of course) hatred.

And some ,,,well, this is a quote from a movie, which seemed to fit that situation perfectly:

"There are some things that are nothing more that what they are.
They are not meant to last.
They just take your place in the heart, and make you a little smarter the next time."

He briefly came back in my life... but we'd changed too much as people in the (about 3) years we'd spent apart. And we resented not having been there as part of the change, and the separation having caused a part of the change. However... we tried.. and briefly it was ... wonderfully.
There is a Tamil song that goes like this:

Un Karam Korkayil
Ninaivu Oraayiram
Pin Iru Karam Pirigayil
Ninaivu Nooraayiram

Roughly translated to:
When I hold your hands, there are a thousand memories
When the hands let go, there are a hundred thousand memories

Well, that perfectly described that. It wasn't romantic ...it was just the joy and the old comfort..but with irreparable differences that had cropped up. So smarter next time, I shall be :)

Some friends just moved away geographically...from work, and you know things won't be the same again.

The sister moved to a different city to study.
As much as I love the extra space and bigger bed, I love her more. And so many things aren't the same any more, and probably never will be.

I lost 3 brothers
I gained 2 friends, but one who once mattered a lot more is now not even a passing acquaintance. We just have a silent relationship, where we occasionally text to communicate, or pass on gifts. But it's all oh so silent. And silent is sad.

There was one dear friend, who may not regard me as that dear any more.

All this sad, 2014 wasn't all sad or bad!

On the up side ~ oh there were some nice ups :)

It was the year where I got drunk silly for the first time!
Happy to report that apart from severe balance issues, I don't cry or laugh to much, or blabber ..too much ;)

It was the year I finally actually! got inked :D
And unlike some people who sometimes like and some times are not comfortable with their tattoos, to me it feels like a complete part of me. It's gorgeous, and I'm so glad I decided to brave it on valentine's day!

It was the year I completely planned in detail an overseas vacation, and funded it for my sister and I :)

Also the year that I started funding my sister's masters education :)

It was the year I laughed till my stomach hurt - soooo many times!!! Almost on a regular basis
Those friends I gained were totally worth not quitting this job... friends from the company, friends who briefly consulted for the company- and continue on to be gems of people who will always be around!

It was the year, wherein I witnessed my boss's transformation from evilness personified to the best boss ever! How many people can experience that !

It was the year when my CFO walked up to my dad (on family day) and eagerly told him that I was the best employee in Administrations!

It was the year whence, both for my Birthday and Christmas, I was literally showered with gifts. Completely. Between that, and my stable job, this year, today, I can actually say I have EVERYTHING material that I want at the moment in this phase of life.

I've probably...no definitely taken more pictures in this year than all the previous years ...maybe even combined! Oh so many selfies ;)

It was the year where I got through the #100happydays challenge through and through!

The year, where I can proudly say that I spent a lot of quality time with many good friends ... all those who matter. Even if it is via online means in some cases, I think it still mattered, and it felt good. Especially knowing that regardless of the number of friends I have on facebook, I have a GOOD set of friends who are absolutely the best!

It was the year when I found for certain that my nagging tendencies come from my dad ;)
And we are on a nagging see-saw at home. If I don't nag, he does. Hehe.

It was the year, without any doubt or competition, when I ate out and socialized the most. I realized that excess socialization is really bad for you..r waistline. *Sigh*

It was the year I found how organized I could be. And how much I love being so!

The year where I got back to sports - shuttle and carom almost on a regular basis. Competition is really good :)

So many more memories moments missed, those as well!

I made a lot of memories in 2014:
Genie awards:

  • Best drinking spree: Cunoor. Night around the bonfire. Being supported just for standing
  • Most resolute moment: Getting Inked, Feb 14, 2014.
    Me: "Please excuse me if I scream. I'm slightly scared of needles"
    Tattoo artist: "Scream away. Screaming should be made the best for of communication"
  • Happiest moment: When he said hello back
  • Special special memories: The 26th Birthday with the cakes and the gifts
  • Sweetest friend of the year: Me: "Why so many gifts! It feels like the Christmas miracle or something!" Him: "That's exactly why...so you feel that way"
  • Saddest moments:
    1. Being sent the picture of someone opening a gift, because I couldn't/ wouldn't be there
    2. Leaving sis at hostel for the second time, after she had broken down weeping
    3. Knowing it's over...all over again. But not seeing it said.
  • The most desperate moment: When I realized both my team mates were quitting, and I was left with my (then) evil boss
  • Best friend proposal: That evening, writing notes on samsung note "I think we can be good friends"
  • Best vacation of the year: Malaysia!!!
  • Proudest moment: When sis got her call letter for her masters
  • Most liberated moment: When daddy let me drive the car around one morning
  • Most torn apart moment: When I decided to cancel my resignation


2014... despite all these good moments, great moments and sad moments, I'm really glad to see it go. 2014 had way too many blah moments. Like nothing great happened / nothing that really made it exciting ... not like Korea of 2013 or the book writing of 2012. It was a good year, but ...well... it was more of a year wherein... I had 25 years before, and I had 1 yr to organize everything so far. I organized a lot of things this year - in my head, and in all my shelves. and most definitely in my life. So 2014, to me, was just a Goodbye Year. Where I understood what had to be kept, and what had to go, and said good bye to all that is, so I can move on to the next phase.

Whatever... wherever ... whenever ... whoever that is.

2014

I sang a lot...danced a lot...
Laughed a lot....loved a lot...
Ran quite a bit
Travelled too much (commute to work)...
Ate too much as well
Gave up hope
Then regained it
Didn't wish too much though

2014, it was a good run.
Thank you for the patience you taught me
For the people you brought in my life
For the people you brought back in my life
For the people who were in it from even before
For the people you helped me gracefully let go of
For all the laughter
For the tears, that made me stronger
For the doubts that helped me make plan B's
For the success
For the failures
For the blessings
For being a steady ally
My frenemy
Good bye now :)

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS