Pages

Too much of a good thing

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

In today's news, I read that some guy who works for Google quit his job. Big deal right? Anyone can quit a good job! But the reason for quitting was what got him on the news: because he was getting too comfortable in it, and everything felt too fun and easy. 
The general reaction from the public (as can be expected) was that he was crazy and should just enjoy it, while thanking God for his good fortunes.
However, I actually agree with his views and actions. This might be because of my sometimes strong pessimistic nature, which pops up. Just maybe. When life is getting too easy, and everything feels too peachy, there is a feeling of wariness that settles in. At least in me. It feels like... If everything is going too well, even if I don't pay attention for a second, the bad might creep up on me and totally take me by surprise. When I'm least prepared for it. So, I'd rather, like him, quit while the tide is high. Better safe with lesser comforts than being plummeted down unaware.
Which is kind of the situation in my current job. Not that it is anywhere as cool or awesome as google probably was for him. But it is getting a bit too comfortable and familiar. I'm not going to do anything drastic as that dude though. But I am taking a step back and will be pushing myself further in the more professional front. I'm also unfortunately, in the process, becoming meaner and moodier ~ collateral damage so to speak. But it feels like the safer choice.
Gah life and its crazies!!!

1 comment:

priya said...

i feel you girl.. life sure is crazy so just enjoy it when you can but dont do something drastic ... wish i had a job and earned few bucks for myself...

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS