Pages

The Broken Arrow

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

There’s depression lurking in the corner
Waiting for me
And I brought it on myself
Invited it via mail as well
I asked for it
I dreamt of it
But dreams have a way
A way of making everything seem….well dreamy
Memories too
The best are kept
The rest, under the carpet swept
To be brought up when you least expect it

I’d said good bye
I’d found my closure
I’d come to terms with it all
I did occasionally remember
Especially in May June August and December
But that was fine with me

And then I could hold it in no longer
I thought I was being clever
I know now that I should have been stronger

I can’t say another good bye
That, both of us will destroy
And make me worse than the wicked witch
In cold heartlessness ripe and rich
I don’t think I could do it again anyway

I got into it wearing rosy red glasses
Now that’s broken into almost a million pieces
I see it now
Clear as melted snow

It’s at the tip of my tongue
The one question I want the answer to
But the fear of rejection holding it back
For I know as much as I want one answer
I’ll surely get the other
So I say nothing

I shot the arrow
It got where it needs to be
One last flight, before its set free
By being snapped in two
No options of redemption, clearly

Everything seems the same
But everything is so very different




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my dear!!...may god give you wisdom to take decision :P

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS