Pages

Fade away

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sing me to sleep
I am tired
I want to go to bed
And sleep a dreamless sleep ....

For an hour
For a day
Maybe more
May I fade away?

People ask me questions,
I stare
I really don't know answers
I'm sorry

For an hour
For a day
Maybe more
May I fade away?


People tell me things
I politely look interested

Glad I don't have to process anything

Do I want to cry?
Do I feel sad?
Do I want to be happy again?

Do I just want to sleep?
I don't know...
Just don't.

If you leave me alone,
And walk away
I will stay as quiet as I am
In the same place
Move not a muscle
No smile on my face

Will I fade away?
May I fade away?
And disappear all together...

Choices,
Decisions
Ones that ought to be made
Ones that were made already
Ones that are being made
Feel heavy in my head

For an hour
For a day
Maybe more
May I fade away?

People smile
I smile back,
Because I know I should
But the smile fades away faster than a bubble breaking
There was nothing in it

There are things I have to do
There are things I want to do
There are things I can do

They would have to wait

For an hour
For a day
Maybe more
May I fade away?



May I please just fade away?

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS